I am exploring up-to-date books on air pollution and air quality, and I would like to know which books do you recommend for environmental engineering students.
I use 1% BSA in 10 mM phosphate buffer (pH 7.4) solution when striping my nitrocellulose membranes with antigens and antibodies. However, I always observe deformed flow when my sample or running...
16 February 2021 4,224 3 View
Hi, I am using a mix of 2 polymers and want to try and crosslink them. I have a UVA lamp of 365nm and have tried the lab previously at 30cm above. How would you recommend I approach the lab and...
31 January 2021 8,711 3 View
I am trying to model sloshing water in a tank in ANSYS Fluent using Wall motion. BUT it seems that System coupling is not responding to wall motion and it works only with Dynamic mesh.
20 January 2021 2,963 3 View
Hi. I am doing an agarose gel electrophoresis. After running PCR samples in a 2% agarose gel at 90V x 45' I obtained the results in the image. The ladder bands are not properly stained. For...
14 January 2021 2,316 4 View
Hi everyone, I was wondering about the possibilities of performing numerical taxonomy with SPSS software. I would be very thankful to recieve advice!! For now I have been reading about...
12 January 2021 5,549 3 View
Both Jakes and Gaussian models are used to characterize the power spectral densities of mobile communication channels.
11 January 2021 759 3 View
Want to know the relation between sdas and solidification rate, the mechanism by which getting smaller space between secondary arms by increasing the rate ?
23 December 2020 735 2 View
We have a projet about TAVI
22 December 2020 7,729 1 View
I have the Corruption perception index as a control variable in my study and i'm not sure what i have use the score or the rank of the country ? please advice what i have to use in the data entry...
09 December 2020 3,797 2 View
Hi, we are two master's students at JIBS and currently looking for inspiration and suggestions for a research topic that has a connection of both "supply chain" and "entrepreneurship". maybe...
18 November 2020 2,524 3 View
Beginner level books. High level books. Analytical Number Theory. Algebraic Number Theory. Combinatorical Number Theory. Books about partitions. Books about primes.
03 March 2021 7,174 5 View
Any suggestion on what book to read is also welcome.
03 March 2021 1,646 4 View
I'm a graduate student who works with an anaerobe, so I often work in an anaerobic chamber. I've been working on an assay that involves the steady-state of the quinone/ quinol pool. Anoxic...
03 March 2021 2,971 1 View
Anyone can recommend any books on such topics? Thanks in advance.
02 March 2021 8,457 2 View
Any good recommendations for participant recruitment for online surveys on a grad school student budget?
02 March 2021 4,293 4 View
Hello, I have a mechanism where air rises due to convective flows. In this simulation, nothing is driving the air except this. I understand that the Boussinesq approximation only works for small...
02 March 2021 4,910 3 View
I am at the beginner level in drug design and drug discovery, and I am interested to learn more about this field. Which books are highly recommended to start from and gives me all essential...
02 March 2021 8,437 2 View
Please provide Book Title and author name
02 March 2021 9,059 3 View
02 March 2021 7,082 3 View
I think you can try this
Indoor Air Quality Engineering: Environmental Health and Control of Indoor Pollutants by Robert and Cimbala
- Fundamentals of Air Pollution by Daniel Vallero (ISBN 978-0-12-401733-7);
- Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics: From Air Pollution to Climate Change by Seinfeld and Pandis (ISBN: 978-1-118-94740-1)
- Air Pollution Meteorology and Dispersion by Arya (ISBN 978-0195073980)
Noel De Nevers a good writer with numerous books related to air pollution and engineering
Undoubtedly the most complete book on air pollution is: Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics: From Air Pollution to Climate Change Book by John H. Seinfeld and Spyros N. Pandis
It is very difficult to recommend just a single book, instead I would like to share some of the books that were very helpful in my own work with air pollution models in the past:
1) Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics: From Air Pollution to Climate Change, 3rd Edition, John H. Seinfeld, Spyros N. Pandis (You can obtain a pdf file with this book after a Google search with the keywords: seinfeld atmospheric chemistry and physics pdf)
2) Atmospheric Pollution History, Science, and Regulation, Mark Z. Jacobson, Stanford University, California
3) Numerical Simulation of Reactive Flow, 2nd edition, Elaine S. Oran, Naval Research Laboratory, Washington DC, Jay P. Boris, Naval Research Laboratory, Washington DC, Publisher: Cambridge University Press
4) The structure of atmospheric turbulence. By J. L. Lumley and H. A. Panofsky. New York (Interscience Publishers), 1964. Pp. xi, 239; 73 Figures; 7 Tables.
5) Aerosol Science: Theory and Practice, Williams, M.M.R.; Loyalka, S.K.
6) Fundamental Chemical Kinetics: An Explanatory Introduction to the Concepts, M R Wright, Jun. 1999, Elsevier
7) Microphysics of Clouds and Precipitation, Authors: Pruppacher, H.R., Klett, J.D
8) An Introduction to Dynamic Meteorology Hardcover – Illustrated, Aug. 31 2012, by James R. Holton (Author), Gregory J. Hakim (Author)
9) Numerical Weather Prediction, by George J. Haltiner
10) Numerical Solution of Time-Dependent Advection-Diffusion-Reaction Equations, Authors: Hundsdorfer, Willem, Verwer, Jan G.
11) Atmospheric Radiation: Theoretical Basis Paperback – Illustrated, Jan. 1 1985, by R. M. Goody, Y. L. Yung
12) Turbulent Diffusion in the Environment, Csanady, G.T.
My background is focused on technologies such as fabric filters, precipitators, scrubbers, etc. Do you have any interest in these? AS coal is in decline, interest level has waned but the devloping world is still using and considering coal which has the highest need for controls.
Article EFFECT OF COVID-19 INDUCED LOCKDOWN ON AIR QUALITY IN KAMPALA